Saturday, November 8, 2014

Linens and Things

I have some exciting news!  (bahaha, its exciting to me at least!)

MY CURTAINS ARE FINISHED!

Elcy - a friend of a friend - made them for me.  Simple, rod pocket, 106" panels.  Nothing special -- other than they are upholstery fabric (so thick and heavy) AND the lining I picked was the heaviest I could find.  (yes, the windows are HUGE and they SUCK out our heated/cooled air in winter and summer!  I'm embarrased to share how high our first gas bill was!!)  I bought the fabric 3 months ago, yowzers.  

Here are my bare windows and the stack of curtains!   (pardon the mess, EVERYWHERE, I have kids, its excusable right?)

 

Elcy did a fantastic job.  I contemplated making them myself, but I am SO thankful I found her and so happy with what she did.  Pittsburghers -- I have her number and she'd be happy to help you! She used to make curtains/drapes for her friend's clients -- her friend, the interior designer.

Here is the finished product:


 

Still need to get different sheers and of course, after I get them up --- I'm wanting to change the wall color and where the rod is hung.  Lesson learned:  HANG the rods when you have your CURTAINS. 

On another note  ---     I NEED YOUR HELP  ----

making a decision.  I have made far too many already, and have another one that I would LOVE your advice on.

I have decided I am going to have this fabric made into 'London shades' in my living room.  I actually already bought the fabric!  (Elcy will be ready for them in January!  At least I really hope!)  Below is an example of the fabric and that particular type of shade.  Elcy knew exactly what a London shade is (new to me!  I just saw this pic and loved it!)  Here is the fabric I have, and what a 'London shade' is:

 

The main reason I am doing that shade, is I don't want it to cover ALL the woodwork.

At any rate - I'm going to put a shade behind it to cover the whole window.  A pull-down blind/shade thing.  I bought a bunch of them from Lowe's and I narrowed it down to 2.  I need your help deciding between the two.

Here is shade #1:
 

This is shade #2:

 

What would you choose?

Here are the two shades with the fabric.  Shade #2 is on left, #1 on right.



 

Two totally different vibes I think.  

THANK YOU for your help!  Yes, I know, I am very fortunate to be making these silly decisions, very fortunate.  My prayers go to those who have much more difficult decision all the time, truly they do.

Much, much love -

Heather

3 comments: