Friday, August 16, 2013

Decision... MADE!

Any of you homeowners know that if you are designing your own kitchen, bathrooms, etc - there are a lot of choices to be made!!

I'm moving on. 

I'm going to do the 1st floor powder room in Navy Blue and white.  We bought a hot white pedestal sink and it will look AWESOME in front of a navy blue wall.  The two walls perpendicular to it - I wanted to do wall paper.  Well, I was looking for wall paper that was very specific - and it took FOREVER to find!  So, I don't know how I came up with doing a wall stencil, but that's what we are going to do.

So, for the past month I've been scouring the internet for a stencil.  I've used etsy before and I really liked what I got - so I'm going to try it again.  I just ordered this, what do you think?  You can click on the picture and it should take you to the website.


Also, on the four awesomely huge doors we have in our master - the ones for the closet.... they had this pretty medallion in the center.  Well, we took it off while stripping the paint and guess what?  Its plastic!!  Ha!  Since we are going to stain the woodwork to show off the natural, original beauty of this house - we had to pitch it.  

Then, another decision had to be made.  What to replace it with?  Would you know that lumbar specialty stores in pittsburgh don't have much a selection of this?  

On that note, I'm disappointed overall with pittsburgh's selection of stores for home remodeling 'stuff''.  They are all prim and proper and have pretty displays, etc.  I cannot find what we had in Georgia!  A run down place, with clearance or cheap discontinued stuff in corners of the store - that isn't all fancy and nice looking!  Maybe I just don't know where to shop.  But these stores were easy to find in GA... not here!

Sorry for rambling... but that is what blogs are for, right?

Here is the replacement.  What do you think?


Oh - and here are the four doors this is going on to:



We do have to hire a plumber.  The guy we really like isn't available for 1.5 weeks to come out and give us a quote.  

The dent in the fridge has been a nightmare.  Speaking of which there is something I STILL have to do for that!   

And, I need to appear in court to appeal the property taxes on this house (the taxes are based off a 'value' of the house that is about 3 times what we bought it for)

Okay, yeah, I really need to get back to work.  

Happy weekend of working!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment