Monday, September 9, 2013

3 months later... an update on where we are

Life gets in the way, always, right?  (this post may be more about life than the house...)

I have 4 doctors appointments this week.

I am pregnant! :)

I have been diagnosed with skin cancer :(

I am going to be okay.  We caught it really early - I am very fortunate and feel very blessed.  But, I do have outpatient surgery this week - and usually that's no big deal to me, but... I'm pregnant so I worry.  (PSA:  I did do some indoor tanning when I was young and dumb.  DON'T do it.  You are 87% more likely to develop melanoma if you do it before the age of 35).  

Baby should be here in mid-March! :)  We are 12 weeks along.

So, as far as the house...

We have owned it for 3 months now.  Plumbers coming next week.  Our electrician is still not showing up.... :/  We have hired 2 more people along with Josh.  They all worked last week, and made TONS of progress.  I think almost all the paint is stripped.  This week, on to sanding it all.  They made great progress with sanding last week too!  

I took a door with the original wood color to Sherwin-Williams last week.  I'm going to buy gallons of stain this week! :)  I promise to take more pictures this coming week.
The door I took to Sherwin Williams.  I mean really, who takes a door with them somewhere?
Isn't that a pretty color?  Those two doors are our only examples of what the original woodwork looked like.
  
Spent my Friday with this beautiful little girl!

Tio Marco.  We went to Columbus on Fri/Sat. to see some good friends.
 
Mary and her cousin Jacob enjoying some ice cream.  Went to his 2nd birthday party on Saturday.  What a fun little guy!


Happy early Monday ya'll!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well a skin cancer diagnosis sucks! I'm glad they caught it early, and I'm sure the surgery will go well (maybe it already did!) and you'll be good as new in no time. We'll be praying for you.

    And CONGRATS on the upcoming addition to the family! That is very exciting news!!

    Love the color of the wood! Can't wait to see how this all turns out...

    ReplyDelete