Wednesday, November 13, 2013

'Shit'

Is what Tom was described as looking early this morning by his boss.

Yowzers.

But, he was up at 4am the last two days and came home at 9pm both days.  I actually fell asleep on the couch waiting for him last night :/  I just want to be able to spend some time with my husband.... but enough of my sappy shit about how tough this reno is.  I think you've gotten that point.

IVE GOT SOME GREAT PICTURES!!!!

But, some updates:


  • Ordered flooring, and it came in early!! Yahoo!!!  Here's what it'll look like.  It has some brown from the cabinets, and blue/gray in it too.  I'm thinking it will look great.  To be installed very soon hopefully!


  • Electrician is pretty much 98% finished - YAHOO!
  • Stain is going well.  Its amazing how much time it takes!  (I'm bummed.  I thought I had a picture of this wood Josh and I stained.  Took 2 of us 45 min. to do the 1st coat of stain.  It was on pieces of wood that go below the window.  Tiny piece of wood, but decorative that make a difference.  Bummer)
  • Rick scrubbed the jack n jill floor the other day.  We are trying to salvage the original black and white tile we found underneath tile.  The black and white tile has a bunch of glue stuck to it.  But apparently it is looking pretty good!
    Tiled bathroom when we bought the place
    Tile we found under tile.
    Jonathan Moran finished the woodwork and vanity.  The vanity was pretty expensive, but it is solidly built - and built by a local woodworker :)  I have been to the house at least 3 times since we got it in, but keep forgetting to find it and look at it!!
  • Mickey is moving and groovin.  Its amazing how much drywall work needs done, and patching of plaster, geesh.  Seriously.  And, he worked 33 days without a day off, probably still counting.(he has a day job, he works for us on the nights/wknds).  So, I made Mickey a pumpkin pie (all from scratch, no cans used) to say thank you.  He brought a friend the next day.  :)
Okay, so I wanted to show some house pics in chronological order.  Here goes the kitchen:










 That shit makes me happy!!! :)  And here is another angle, from the dining room, in chronological order :)









And one more set of shots, from the living room, in chronological order :)







Mary Alice literally just saw these picks.  And says, 'That's the new house!... Where Daddy lives.'

That breaks my heart.

But she also said, 'Is Mickey there?'.  'Not Mickey Mouse, Mom.'   :)  She does love Mickey!

1 comment: