Friday, October 11, 2013

Stressed to the MAX

Tom has been working from 5:30am-7pm, roughly 5 days a week for 4 months.  In the past month I've worked A TON, and traveled to Boston and Atlanta/ Auburn for work (and had surgery, etc.).  Its hard to keep up with normal things, let along make significant progress on the house.

To add to that, we have had the house for 4 months now.  Wowzers, that was fast.

STILL, not a SINGLE thing finished.  HOW does that happen?  Especially with 3 guys there during the week, Tom's crazy hours there on the weekend, and us hiring a bit of the labor out?  (Had some masonry work done, plumbing work done, drywaller to come this wknd)

Yes, we have decided there is no way in he!! we would strip the woodwork again, ever.  (maybe just the living, dining and foyer)

Did I share - WE FIRED OUR ELECTRICIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And, we have a new one - he started on Wednesday and actually showed up when he said he would!!!!!!  YAHOO!!!  Praise the lord for that!  Couldn't have came at a better time.

So, I really wanted to do a huge update on the blog this past weekend since I didn't have Mary Alice, but I ended up doing 10 loads of laundry and helped Tom a bit at the house (since, when he is there by himself, he gets pretty lonely).  I also bought almost $600 of paint & stain.  My guess is I will eventually need more.

At least we are learning a lot in this process, right?!? :)

I know... you just wanna see pics.  Here goes it:

The living room, BEFORE the carpet was removed the other day!  Yes, that is the lunch table.

Front foyger.  Woodwork is looking GREAT!  Can't wait to see the stain :)

Stairs have been sanded since this photo - but they are looking great as well! 
Dining room.  Its all a mess!  Those cabinets are going in the kitchen, with that white tile as the backsplash.  I can't wait to get it all in!! 
Saving the best for last... Master bedroom, carpet removed and all!  Apparently, the dark spots on the hardwood are cat piss and will sand right up.  Can't believe how much paint is on these floors!  Such a shame people did that!
So, I took some shots while I was helping Tom.  It got pretty dark out - we were there late!  (can't wait until all our electrical work is done!!!)
Took apart the door - trying as hard as can be to get it back together!


STILL can't get it back together - it was a B#&*^%!!!

Wish I took a before shot.  These are solid brass locks.  They are beautiful - but were all covered in soot and blackened before we did this!

Putting the doors back in
One stained, one just sanded.  Seriously can't wait to show this next to the final picture!!

Tom is on his way to Noble as I type.  Guys are there staining as I type, and the electrician is ALSO THERE!  AHHH!!!  I can't wait to see what progress has been made this week!

1 comment:

  1. WOW the doors are looking great! Coming along slowly, but beautifully!

    ReplyDelete