Saturday, February 15, 2014

Weekend's work

Tom and his Dad are hanging the french doors to the living room - while I type!!  (haha, of course, I'm sitting on my bum, typing...)

David is getting the hardware (hinges, etc.) with Brasso (brass polishing compound).
Tom is placing the hinges.
Funny.  Tom is hanging the doors and just said, 'That's why people buy NEW houses!'.  I've also heard many comments this morning about renovating always is more difficult than it seems, etc.

They are working on misc. projects throughout the house.  Seems like there is ALWAYS something to do.  I hope/think/etc. that someday it will all calm down, right?
Ceiling fan hung!!
We had our first dinner party!  We had 'The Noble Crew' and their families over for dinner. .  I should have also taken a picture of the kids, but just didn't.  There were 20 of us total.  We also celebrate Tom's birthday!  What a fun day.

And, the kids all ate in the living room.  Made three pans of lasagna, brussel sprouts, salad and rolls.  Also some carrot cake!  The Chorizo and Polenta was a big hit, and actually so were the brussel sprouts (with the kids too!!).  And of course, Becky's infamous carrot cake was a HUGE hit.

 From left to right:  Mickey, Autumn, Josh, Rick, Steve,
Carol (our realtor), Danny, Dave, Dara, and Tom
And actually, during the dinner, it would have been GREAT to have those french doors hung.  (to sound proof the kids!)

I am starting to really love this house...

So yeah - it is difficult for me to do things lately.  I don't think I've mentioned the baby much lately - but he's 35 weeks along!!  Here's what I look like now-a-days.  
Makes it hard to do much of anything!  (+40 extra pounds isn't helping!)
Hope you are having a great Saturday!!

I will be posting video VERY soon!!   (tomorrow maybe?!)











3 comments:

  1. You are looking fantastic! About at the point in pregnancy when I start thinking 'yup…I'm done with this…' Hopefully you won't be too uncomfortable. Well, you will be. But still. I hope it isn't awful. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauralee!! I'm pretty much at that point... but there are still so many things we want to get done, so its okay with me if this baby takes his time! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete