Thursday, February 6, 2014

What a crazy ride!!

My apologies for slacking on updating the blog...

More people read this than I know.  Please post comments - I'd love to hear what you think!  (and know you're reading)

Found out today that everyone in Crafton knows our house, and they all LOVE it! :)  Conversation normally goes like this:

    'Which street do you live on?
    'Corner of Noble and Alice.'
    'Oh. The red brick one?!?!'
        I nod.
    'Oh - I LOVE that house'

Picked up our washer and dryer yesterday!  WOOT WOOT!!  I'm 31 years old and took my laundry to my moms house last week.  Oh yeah, and her house is a 6 hour drive.  EEK!

 


We went to tour a preschool today and I think I'm going to sign Mary up for the fall (2 days a week).  She loved it - didn't want to leave.  It was very structured, kids were great and the two teachers seemed very patient and worked very well with the children.  Ran into another mom while we were leaving, and she has 4 children that all go to school there and did go through their preschool.  She raved about everything there.  

Just before 'going to school'

I think most of you know we've moved in already.  SOOOO - despite us being moved in, I'm still going to be updating the blog and sharing our stories because GUESS WHAT?!?  We still have TONS to get done here.  We are trying (wishfully thinking) that we can get the 4th bedroom done before we baby is born.  Gah!!  We have 6 weeks left, give or take some (hopefully give!).

The toilet on the 1st floor runs continuously after flushing if you don't push the valve in.  Still needs fixed.

I don't want to get started on what still needs fixed.  Oh boy.

But here is the 'guest bedroom' current condition - literally just went upstairs to take this picture.
Do you see the hole in the wall?  Doh.  
And the hole in the ceiling?  Double Doh.  
Apparently, all we need to do here is paint and put carpet in.  
Somehow I think that's harder than it sounds. 
This is the frame around the door from the hallway into the bedroom.
That hole there is the missing plinth (I've learned what this is through this process).
Not sure what we are going to do about that plaster above the stringer.  (more terminology I'm learning)
Since I just took those photos, I figured I'd take more around the house.

Baby boy's closet.  Unfinished.

Baby's bedroom. Mostly finished but would like to put blue stripes on the wall to make it 'his'.

Jack n Jill Bath.  Between kids bedrooms.  I AM LOVING this floor (although Tom secretly HATES it)

JUST got shower head installed today.
What's that mess in the bottom right corner?
Oh yeah, construction tools.  I hate messes!

Yes, I hate messes.  But I do let my daughter roam the house and play without always cleaning up.
Do you see what I see?  (other than disorganization and mess)
A ceiling fan missing.  Do you see where it is?  Right in front of the fireplace.
Fireplace.  Another project.  :/

Yup, that's my computer that I'm typing on right now.
Kitchen is looking great, but why do I think of everything that still needs to be done?!?

That's the refurbished, really old chandelier.
That's also Tom's great grandparents dining table and buffet back there.
Will be getting new chairs.  Maybe a new rug eventually.  (but we are running out of money honey!)
Also haven't mentioned one other fun thing (I hope you're still reading)!!

We had 3 people come to the house today to fix misc. issues.  One was the garage door guy.  We've been manually opening/closing the door.  It got all screwed up yesterday at 7:15am and it took the 8 month pregnant lady about 15 minutes to get it closed.  Boy, that was frustrating.

Then we had a new plumber here - a new guy because our old one has been frustrating us.  Turns out Matt Mertz, who we thought was great and did work back in Sept. for us, connected the blue (or cold) water line to the hot copper pipe.  SERIOUSLY!?!?!  Tom was pretty pissed when I told him that.  

Also had someone out here to fix our fridge, that was not giving us any water.  So, they fixed it.  And guess what?  Its connected to the same line as the line above, and hot water is coming out of our fridge.  Oh boy.  :/  Kind of excited to see how Tom handles this one with Matt Mertz.

These 3 people were at my house today AT THE SAME TIME.  Although they were scheduled for different times.  And of course, they all finished around the same time.  Doh.  

And then Mary falls on the ice covered snow and smacks her head into the tree.

BAH!

But its a HAPPY DAY!!  Things are looking up.  Finally!!  :)

Will be posting video in the next couple of days.  Much love to you!!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Angie! Can't wait for you to come see it in person!!! :) (and to meet that little man too!!0

      Delete
  2. This is amazing Heather. Thanks for posting pictures, I was so curious! That kitchen of yours looks straight from a magazine. That is by far the best room in the house (but this comment is coming for a woman married to a Chef)! I hope we can come visit you soon. Much love to the entire family :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Amanda!! You guys are always welcome to come visit us, anytime! Much love back at ya!!

      Delete