Friday, June 27, 2014

STROKE OF GENIUS! ...ah-hem...maybe...

Can I tell you the last BIG project we will work on in our house?  (when I say that, I mean it will be a year+ before we start this one)

Our own bathroom.

Funny.  That happened at our last house too.  Strange.

My stroke of genius was this:    We plan to completely demo our master bath....
Do you see that shower on the left side?  We plan to close that off from inside the bathroom and make an opening from the hallway.  We plan to put our washer/dryer there.  Shower will then be in front of window with a big soaker/jetted (hopefully) tub.  It's going to look great!

Today, I think I've done 9 loads of laundry so far?  (its only 3pm too!  Go mama go!!)  And I did the hand-wash only items.  Its a pain because I have to clean the sinks out first then rinse them in the tub because the sink has the soapy water in it, etc.

I see a lot of 'modern' laundry rooms with sinks in them, and I think that would be nice.  However, the area where we are putting our washer/dryer is literally as big as a standard size shower.  So, we are going to have to stack the machines.

SO - that will leave room on ONE side for a small sink.  And you know what else I see in 'fancy-pants' laundry rooms?  Countertop surface above cabinets to fold clothes on, etc.  

SO - you know what I'm going to ask my ever-so-talented-handy-man husband to do?  Put a sink in there with a countertop that folds to the side of the sink (so the sink can be covered with a countertop or used as a sink).

GENIUS!

Isn't it?  

If I had any time on my hands... I'd make a drawing, measure out the space, etc.

But I don't.

And, I've been slacking on my blog posts.  BIG time apologies.  I swear, we did go to Florida right after my last post, and we were there for a week - so I went MIA from all electronics pretty much.  

BUT we're back at it.  We hired a babysitter last sunday to work on the 4th bedroom.  We are hiring her again this Sunday.

We made BIG time progress in the bathroom, of course, its all underneath the floor so will all be covered up someday soon hopefully... can't wait to share our pics from that!  

But ta-ta for now.  Much love to you and yours!  

ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!!

No comments:

Post a Comment