Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Trials and Tribulations

This blog is about our renovations... but I always find myself blabbling about personal stuff.

The reason is - welp, because all that personal stuff affects our ability TO GET ANYTHING DONE!

Went to Boston last weekend.  
Looking for 'geeses' with Uncle Joey
TWO days of lunch at a park!
Kids table for the adults!
Went to a wedding on Saturday -
It was truly BEAUTIFUL!

AND THEN - got to go to Fenway Sun.  Kid free too!
Uncle Joey and Aunt Steph are AWESOME.

Yes, my husband is an engineer.  :)

\

Went to Ohio wknd before that (and Mary's 3rd Birthday was then).  Wknd before that saw Lady Gaga in concert in Cleveland at the Q with my brother who came in from Indy.  Oh yes, I did.   :)

I was incredibly impressed, actually!  Here are just a small portion of her costumes.




Off to Orlando this Sat. until next Sat.  COME ON SLOW DOWN SOME is what I keep saying to myself.

We will not be going anywhere... hopefully... for the rest of the year.  All that travel costs $ too!

BACK TO THE HOUSE.



and the BIGGEST UPDATE!!!

(at least that we are excited to share)

Do you remember me mentioning our air conditioning unit was from 1980?  Ha.


Hahahaha.  Scary looking, eh?  Scarier in person.

I don't believe I posted about the fact that we also - LAST FALL - had our A/C units checked out so we could have the home warranty cover it if they were bad.  Well, they were bad.  Craft Heating and Cooling told them that.  

They wanted a second opinion.  Metro Heating and Cooling  ALSO told them that.  PLUS they told them our furnace needed replaced.  But, it was too cold at that time for Metro to thoroughly check the A/Cs.  

So, we got our furnace replaced...  $3,000 that we didn't have to pay a dime on... Thank you home warranty people.  Aka Old Republic.

NOW - it finally got warm in Pittsburgh and we had them come look at the ACs on May 6th.  The tech actually got them both to run.  But there is just about everything wrong with them - however, he told me the units could be fixed.  And home warranties usually do that any day over replacing them. 

So, I nudged him a little bit.  :)

Went back and forth with Craft and Old Republic.  Tom did actually, not me. 

AND WE ARE GETTING TWO NEW AC units!!! YAHOOOO!!!

Because, I mean really, these look like they are radiating carcinogens or something... really.



And here are some pics of my kiddos today, boy how I love them both!

 

4 comments:

  1. Gahhhh those babies are made of perfection! Seriously, most fun two weekends in a row EVER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! Yes - lots of fun visiting everywhere! :) Hope we can do it again soon!

      Delete
  2. Replacing HVAC units is usually heavy on the wallet, but I'm glad that your warranty is still valid after all these years. It's great that you can still avail of it and not spend a dime when the time comes to replace the unit. Let's hope your new units have the same warranties too! Cheers!

    Tommy Hopkins @ AccuTemp Cooling & Heating

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tommy - I wish we weren't spending a dime on this! We actually had to spend a couple g's... one to relocate the A/Cs to the side of the garage and the other was leftover from what the home warranty covered. They covered about 83% of the price, so not bad! And yes, one-year home warranty and not the warranty of the unit - unfortunately. (I would be SO impressed if anyone covered a 34 year warranty!)

      Cheers to you! Thanks for reading!

      Delete