Thursday, October 8, 2015

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes!!

Hello blog world. 

LONG overdue post.  My apologies.  I'm not sure if I've missed blogging or not - but am inspired knowing 36 people visited the site last month without any updates since February!

Whew.  What have I been doing?  Since my last post, I battled our property tax assessment, and WON.  I filed our taxes (blech).  I fought the insurance claim from William's birth (18 months ago) and instead of paying about $5,400 we got a refund check for $670 from the midwife center!  YAHOO!

Anyways, my point is I've been SUPREMELY busy and not been working on the house.

BUT.  At LAST - PROGRESS ON THE HOMEFRONT!

Its July.  Last August I came up with an idea for shades in the living room -- without hiding all the beautiful woodwork we stripped the paint from Augusts's ago...

And my seamstress FINALLY has finished the shades!  I gave her the fabric in November.  I do like her, and would recommend her... just not if you're picky like me.  :)  (She has made two sets of curtains for me.  Both sets, she has the pattern running different directions -- note it's not visible to the naked eye).  This has been something I have been wanting to do for forever now... but not so sure I love the finished product.  What do you think?!?!




Middle of this page, there is a photo of the living room from about a year ago!  Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!

It's honestly been one thing after another here!  We have been working hard on SO many aspects of the house.  Every weekend it's something here and there.  Last weekend Tom cleaned out the basement from the 4" of standing water we had the other day.  Whew.  5" of rain that day.  

And oh.  We got another stove.  Eeek!  We went through 2 of the same from Costco and realized we had had enough.  We had the same problem with 2 of the same stoves (many issues, but in particular the enamel coating was chipping away on the interior of the oven).

Here is our new stove!



I have SO many pictures I have stored and want to share with you all.  We even had a roomate this summer for 10 weeks - it's been busy!  I will keep this post short and sweet and share some more photos later (and also when I get my home computer connected to the internet finally!)

MUCH love to you,

Heather

3 comments:

  1. Pink table in living room and white chair - are temporary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the window treatments! They turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LL! So happy to see you back on here! :)

      Delete