Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Day 1 - Set-up & Game Plan

Justin is only working 40 hours for us.  Its had to justify paying for that when you can do most of it yourself!!  :/  He worked 8 hours yesterday.

Justin KIND-of looks like Mickey... but for all my fellow soccer players I thought this looked more like him?  Can you name this old star?!?!  :)

Didn't get a TON done, I thought... but Tom said he was happy with what he did.  (Every day we will both be going up there to talk over the progress I'm sure!)  Tom said, "Well, an hour to bring up all his tools, an hour to figure out his game plan..."

Dry-wall up already!
You need to (or I guess should) use moisture-resistant dry-wall in bathrooms.  That is why this dry-wall is blue.
He had to put some studs in behind it.
And that is one interesting cut out of a piece of dry-wall

Studs added!
AND - we have LIGHT! 
Electrical lines ran... Some 'dead' Knob and Tube removed

As Tom would say 'fart-fan' installed!

Plumbing was worked on...

A bit of plumbing removed...

I had to run to Busy Beaver to get the Ball Valves (the piece with the yellow handle)
(haha, yes - that is the real name of a real store.  I think its too appropriate)
See the copper pipes to the bottom left?  Justin took those out.  Tom said he spent the better part of an hour last weekend putting those caps on it.  That is the problem with do-it-yourselving... is that sometimes you spend A LOT more time working on something when you really don't need to or shouldn't.
On a SUPER positive note?  Remember I had extra kitchen cabinets to sell?  (we got a 'kitchen set' from the warehouse... and had 11 cabinets leftover).  I SOLD THEM!!  For $750!  Yahooo!!  (the set cost $5,500)



Gotta run & get lunch ready - then taking Mary TO HER FIRST DANCE CLASS!!

Happy HUMP Day!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to sell those cabinets!! Always nice to get some money back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding!! And I'm glad they will be used somewhere too!

    ReplyDelete