Friday, September 26, 2014

20 minute fix!

Its been slow progress on the home front lately...

But yesterday I was inspired.  I was cleaning and organizing and stumbled upon this chalkboard peel-and-stick roll I purchased from Living Social forever ago (9 months?).

I've been thinking about putting something up next to this open chimney hole we have in the kitchen.

So I did!  Mary Alice was sleeping and William was playing nicely so I got it all done in about 20 min!  Here's the first picture I took of the process:

I first measured the hole opening in the chimney and figured I wanted the chalkboard cut-out to be 22" long.  I also realized on the back of the roll they had a grid I could use to make sure whatever I made was symmetrical.

 
I started drawing my design on the back of the roll, and tried to make it look the same on all four sides.  I quickly realized that I only needed to draw 1 quarter of it - then gently fold the paper in half and trace it!  WOW - that worked like a charm!  Here is the finished product.



Not bad for 20 minutes, eh?  Yes, it actually took me about that long.  And no, we never got around to eating ice cream for dessert.  :0

Now if only I could make that kind of progress for the duration of the 2 hours they've been sleeping today!  I'm thinking turning HGTV on was my problem :)  I do like that show Fixer Upper a bit, but all the houses are decorated with the same type of decor, as Joanna always does the finishing touches -- so they all look the same!

Here's to a productive weekend (as Tom is already home and already working!  I'm cooking up a storm to help fuel him!)

My best,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment