Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Productive Weekend - YIPPEE!

I can't contain my excitement...
 
We purchased a range hood for our 36" range in December of last year.  DECEMBER OF LAST YEAR.  It's been sitting in our basement ever since.  True story.  Hard for me to believe but not hard when I think about all we've actually done since December of last year.  (Moved, had a baby, gutted and still renovating a bedroom and bathroom... I know you know, but when I stop to write it out it still kinda blows my mind).
 
ANYHOO.  This is the hood we purchased (a Costco buy, yet again --- due to the cost, of course!  But I do trust them to choose good products...) 

I think we've been delaying the installation because it required Tom to cut a hole in our roof.  Yeah - I would probably hesitate on that one too.
 
And we had to make sure our dear friend Mickey was available to help.  Probably would have NEVER got this done without him!  Here are some parts and pieces and the beginning of the work...
 

 
To my ergonomic buddies - YES, I corrected Tom's poor posture in that photo and praised Mickey!

The instructions said the hood needs to go 24 - 30" above the stove top.  That would have placed it under the top line of the mosaic tile over stove.  SO - we went something like 40".  Mickey said it was okay - and he's done this plenty before - so I hope he's right! :)

 
I got to look at this beautiful face while instructing the men on the proper height...
 
 
 
Here are some more pics of the process.

 

It was quite the process.  Yes, I decided to hang my laundry the same day.  WTF was I thinking?!?

Here is Tom waltzing over the remaining awning posts we have yet to know what to do with.

 

 Do you spy a small metal clip on that ledge of shingles?!? 

 
Oh yeah, and Mickey's head from inside?!?!  Bahaha.

It was hard to know where to cut the hole in the roof.  They measured from inside, and then Tom measured from outside.  BUT we forgot to add in the fact that the shingles hang over the brick a few inches... so once we got that figured out I think they did a great job of being spot on!

All in all, this project took about 3 hours (6 man hours total).  Not too bad - I AM ONE HAPPY MAMA!  Go Mickey and Tom!


Looking good, eh?!?

On a side note, the stove is also from Costco.  Started using it in January, then noticed some minor issues with it.  Nothing was that big - until we realized the enamel on the inside was chipping.  Yikes.  SO, we wanted a new stove.  This is an all gas stove, as we do not have a 220 circuit for a duel fuel range.  Wouldn't you know that almost ALL 36" ranges are duel fuel?!?  So, we got the same stove again.  I really really hope that this stove doesn't have any issues.  It is highly rated online and Costco was surprised I was having issues with it.  Good thing their return policy was super easy.

Anyways, it was a busy weekend.  But we still had time for some fun.  Took a 1 hour bike ride Sunday morning.  (too bad it took us 1.5 hours to get everything ready for the bike ride!).  GO Tom for carting an extra 50 lbs!


Mary Alice said Sunday night while getting ready for bed, "I had a FUN day with you guys today!".  :)

Happy Tuesday ya'll!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment