Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Its the little things...

It's the little things that can really piss you off and be ever-so-time-consuming, eh?!?!

Last weekend we did NOT even enter the 4th bedroom.  In fact -- we went to Kennywood -- Pittsburgh's pretty awesome and OLD amusement park.  Actually, some of the buildings are National Historic Landmarks.  Been there since 1898! 
Anyways, last weekend we also mowed the grass, swept the floors, and cooked!  That was all.  NO home improvement projects.

And next weekend we're in Ohio.  Yikes.  I guess as long as we get the room finished before thanksgiving?  Or our next visitors... whichever is first... probably visitors!  (come visit!)

The previous weekend Tom installed the shower faucet/head,etc. and the ceiling fan.  Weekends are about the only time we have to work on this house, as Tom is in Cleveland during the week.  If you were wondering how I am doing as a single mom --- I would say its a little tougher than I thought.  However, I've decided I need to try and relax and significantly lower my to-do list.  Easier said than done.

Here is Tom installing the shower fixings.  I am beginning to really get excited about everything!


There are a ton of small projects that need finished, and they all take some time.  I actually painted the bedroom for the FOURTH time last week while the kiddos were napping.  I spied that it needed a second coat, so Tom did that.  Then I still spotted quite a bit of white marks that weren't covered with the second coat, so Tom painted again.  Of course, he did not paint the whole room.  I'm not blaming him (but I really am) - so on went the FOURTH coat.  Or, shall I say, FOURTH time the walls were painted?!?!  Jeez Louise!

Here's all the small projects that are just bugging me:

 -  Threshold (transition between rooms/floor finish) needed.

 
 -  Lighting install needed (on sides of windows, somewhat unusual)

 
 -  Ceiling fan needed: 

DONE already though!   YAHOOO!  But that vent behind it is still hanging out :)


 -  Light with fart fan needs installed
 
That is done too!  But paint needs fixed around window trim.

There are TOO many projects here to list... but I feel the need to list:
  • Door hung
  • Sink installed (plus faucet)
  • Cabinet drawers back (after inside is swept out)
  • T.P. holder installed
  • Mirror hung (needs painted first though)
 
Shower curtain rod needs hung
 
Outlets need covers.  Of course, some of our house has dark stained wood baseboards - so those outlets are almond colored (which looks way better than white against dark wood). HOWEVER, these baseboards are white -- thus they get WHITE outlets.  BUT OF COURSE, some have almond outlets and almond switches.  WHAT A PAIN!  Lessons learned for when we do this again... yes, I have a feeling we will do it again sometime... bahahah!
 


And finally, some cuteness to finish off the morning.  This awesome baby is sleeping right now, and his sister is at preschool!  Of course, he just fell asleep though and we need to leave in 30 min. to get her.  !!  :)



Happy Tuesday ya'll!

Much love,

Heather

2 comments:

  1. The other day I thought I would just start a list of every little house thing that needs to be done, and then I'll just pick a thing and finish it and move to the next thing and before I know it the house will be all fixed up! I made it through the kitchen before I thought I might cry, threw the list away and decided to just address things as they break. Today I was touching up trim paint as I started to paint the wall down our stairs and I saw that the wall I had already painted has pencil marks, shoe scuff marks, toothpaste. Why do I bother??!! I already started the stairs, so now I have to finish, but then maybe I'm done...until they move out. You guys are amazing and it is looking AWESOME. It will all come together, eventually.

    As for being a single mom, I hear you. Lower your expectations and take care of yourself...the house can wait.

    That adorable face with those pinchable cheeks just made my day. Love!

    ReplyDelete