Wednesday, September 3, 2014

CARPET!!!

Carpet in the 4th bedroom... YAHOOO!!!!

SOOOOO close to the finish line!  This makes me SO happy on SO many levels!!

Here are some pics of the progress today.
  


In other news, Tom is now working on a job in Cleveland.  Its an 18 month project, but he is the head honcho on a $95 million dollar job.  This is a big deal for him professionally, and a big opportunity to shine.  However, personally, this means he will be away from his family 3 nights a week.  That will be tough, but I think we can make it through this.  BUT what that also means is that we will not be doing any major projects on the house.  We were going to replace our windows, but are now going to wait.  He said to me -- last night -- well we could just do it on the weekends with Mickey and Jones?  I said no.  Weekends are now family time!  I'm okay with 2 hour projects here and there... but someone still has to mow the lawn, clean the house and do the laundry!  On top of cooking, etc.  Its crazy how much time all these activities take, isn't it?!?!

So, I'll wait until it is 100% ready to share the final photos of the bedroom and bathroom... maybe... but here is our little crawler - crawling on the new carpet!!



Our neighbors and now good friends, brought over these pom poms for Mary.  Eva used these when she was a cheerleader at Duquense University.  I didn't get a chance to grab a picture of when she asked her Daddy to do it... but here she is...



I grew up a soccer player.  So.  Not sure how I feel about that photo.  :)

Hope you are having a great Wednesday!

All my best,

Heather

1 comment:

  1. Looking so good! I love that carpet - reminds me of a zen garden. :-) You'll settle in to having Tom gone, but you're right - you have to cut out the big projects and reserve some family time or you'll just go crazy.

    Can't wait to see the final pics!

    Love the little crawler - too cute!

    ReplyDelete