Sunday, January 12, 2014

So many choices... too many decisions!

I am so stinking excited for the tile wall in the kitchen!!

Made TWO trips to Lowe's today.  Its a 25 min. drive from our current house, about 15 from Noble.  That's a lot of time in commute.  I'm SO ready to be done with this.

But really.  I mean, really.  Must there be that many choices for a toilet seat?!?  These are only half of what was there!  (these are the oblong ones).  Geesh.


We also wiped out their entire inventory of Antique Brass Finish canopy kit for the top of some pendant lights/chandeliers.  :)  They even had two whole racks of them at once!  (bought 4 of them and got that last one down there)


So, Tom and I hung this AWESOME chandelier - I bought it back in July, maybe?  I did post a photo of it.  At any rate, its beautiful and very old.  (Its heavy!)  So, well, we hung it - turned the light on - it worked!  Turned the light off, secured it some more, turned the light back on - and saw a spark and it fried.  :(  Bummer.  Means we'll have to take it down and all (you every hung a chandelier?  That crap is not easy.  Not horribly hard either but not easy).


BTW - I'm loving the color in the dining room! :)

TALK SOON!

1 comment:

  1. Bummer that the chandelier didn't work out - those are a big pain. And it was so cool! That's ok. You'll find something else. I can't believe how it is all coming together - it looks fantastic! I can't wait to see some pics of the finished and furnished house. :-)

    Moving when pregnant is NOT fun. So sorry for you. I unpacked everything in Wisconsin in about 2 weeks and then had the baby the next day. My mom kept telling me I should be resting (probably good advice) but I just wanted to find my hairdryer and all the other stuff we were still missing. Anyway. Feeling your pain and wishing we were close enough to help. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete