Saturday, August 2, 2014

Late night at Noble.

What does this look like to you?



To me, it looks like a TON of work.

Now ----  Do you see what I see?



That's a late Friday night, working.  Two Friday nights in a row. (to be exact, that's Tom's derrière in the center)

Last Friday night I looked at the clock ----  8:30pm -----  I was putting together IKEA shelving and Tom was painting the 4th bedroom.  Both kids still awake.  I was thinking, "This is not the kinda of life I want to live".  Hmmm....  

I can't wait to take a break from remodeling, have I mentioned that lately?  10:12pm last night:


Rinsing out the mortar bucket.
BUT, guess what other projects we will be working on?  Whenever we get the chance to get done... 



Its hard to find 106" drapes, that don't cost an arm and a leg... so I bought some fabric.  Oh boy.  Sewers out there?  Advice needed.  :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shopvac is ringing as I type... sitting here...Tom is getting the room completely ready for paint - closest and all.  Of course, he still needs to hang trim work.  EVERYTHING is taking longer than anticipated. 

Last night, TOM LAID THE TILE IN THE BATHROOM.  WOW it looks awesome, in my opinion.  Of course, anyone reading that comes to visit - THIS IS YOUR BATHROOM.  Yes, we will make your bathroom nice and pretty before we make our own :)  No kids toys in tub.  Just your own hotel shampoos and soaps.  :)  (at least I make myself smile?)



Really.  He did a great job, eh?  Still need to put grout in.  Tile is physcially demanding work - but not particularly tough.  (Tom may say different).  Anyhow, if you have mortar, tile and something to cut tile with -- tile saw or nippers -- you can do it, really.  Tom just used tile nippers for this job.  We borrowed Mickey's tile saw for the shower wall.




Still in shock that the new tub paint makes the walls no longer look white.  What?!?!

On a cuter note...




From this morning.

Much love,

The Crawford Clan

2 comments:

  1. I feel for you on the remodeling. I feel that way during every project, and I've never taken on anything anywhere near as big as your project. You are AMAZING. And it is looking great - I love the tile! The kids are adorable!!! I can't believe how big MA is getting. WOW, time flies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement Laurelee!! Yes, time is flying - wish it would slow down a little with these babies... I know they will grow up too fast! Hope you get to see the tile in person! :)

      Delete