Monday, August 25, 2014

Odds and Ends

We actually had a 'normal' weekend.  Sunday, we had a nice breakfast, went to church, did laundry, cleaned, etc.  We actually TOOK A NAP!  All 4 of us at the same time! :)  Tom says, 'So this is what you are supposed to do on Sundays?'.

However, Friday afternoon we did some small projects on the house. 

And I keep reminding myself, that at some point we will have all these types of things done right?

You know what this is?
 

 
Haha, yeah, its just a plastic cap.  Its been covering this hole above my kitchen sink for about 7.5 months now to be exact.

---------  let me give you the back story -------------

The pendant lights over our island are very unique.  About a year ago, I found them at a store in Columbus, OH called Karavan Treasures.  Everything in the store is made in Turkey.  While still under renovations, our neighbor Eileen --- who owns and lives in the 7,000 sq. ft. Craft mansion --- came over the night we installed them.  She HAD to compliment us! :)

 
So, I bought these island pendant lights and had to get something to match them.  And I finally had time in Cbus to go back to this store since they are so unique.  After milling over which one, I brought one home.  Made in Turkey so it has no wires, of course.  Thanks to my handy husband, he was able to fix it!
 
Unfortunately, he worked so quickly I didn't get a chance to take pics of that process - sorry!   

He took the fixture from having 2 lights to 4.  Here is that installed:

 

Here's the fixture:


And here's the final product:


Fresh out of light bulbs, so it only has 1 bulb in it.  And it doesn't match the island pendants perfectly, but I told Tom we don't have to be "matchy-matchy" and I think he is starting to trust me!

Happy productive Monday ya'll!!

Much love,

Heather

1 comment:

  1. What a cool fixture!! I love it!!

    I'm glad y'all had a Sunday off!

    ReplyDelete