Saturday, July 20, 2013

A hard day's work

Its 9:34pm on a Saturday night.  My husband left home this morning at 7:30am to go work on the house.

Wowzers.

I knew we were asking for a lot of work when buying this house - but I didn't know it would be like this!  I am a single mom all over again.  But - that is okay.  Things could always be worse!

I spent my ENTIRE day procuring food for this man that is working so hard.  Seriously, I vacuumed some and did some laundry - but went to 2 grocery stores and spent my afternoon cooking.  If you've ever seen Tom eat, you know how possible this is.

So, honestly, I have personally not been able to spend much time at the house.  Just a few quick peaks because every time I go there I have Mary with me.  

The powder room on the first floor is looking pretty good actually.  Tom has been working hard on it.  He had to get the plumbing in - so that was not easy I'm sure.  Here is somewhat of an original shot (I did not do a good job of taking TONS of photos before we really got started working on this house)
What was originally left of the powder room.  I saved as many blue tile as possible - to use in the 4th floor bathroom (eventually)


Current powder room, enclosed.

Bum shot!  Building the wall on the other side of the powder room.  This used to be a full bathroom - complete with 40" vanity and tub with tile - we made it a 1/2 bath because there are plenty other bathrooms in this house and this was on the first floor with only the kitchen, dining, and living rooms.  PLUS - we added TONS of space to the kitchen.

Temporary kitchen island.  Those are the cabinets we got!  Also, notice the brick by where Tom is.

Its 9:54pm.  Tom is still not home.  

Goodnight too all , and happy remodeling to us!!

1 comment:

  1. So in love with the brick!! Good luck not scratching cabinets! lol

    ReplyDelete