Saturday, July 20, 2013

ADVICE needed please

I need your advice, seriously.  

We are contemplating taking all this brick down.  There used to be a false wall/soffit thing on one side of it - and we removed that wall so now there is an empty spot in the brick.  Also, where the bathroom used to be - it covered some problems with the brick (top right corner f the photo below).  So now that it is exposed, we would need hire a masonry expert to help and make it look good.  So, we are contemplating taking the brick down.  There is plaster behind it.  It would also add some more space to the kitchen (it looks so much smaller now with our island in it!)

I dunno what to do!  Tom wants to take it down.  I feel awful taking down beautiful brick someone took the time and effort to put up, but it all makes sense to me... 

Brick wall we are contemplating taking down... we would leave that fire pit open though - with the thought of eventually making it a brick oven pizza spot!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Don't know the rooms future decor/theme but to me it adds charachter and tearing it out just creates more work and expense... If it were me I would probably frame it in all around the edges (exposing most of the brick) with reclaimed wood, stain it to match or accent the kitchen colors and make it a focal point : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, good advice. Yeah, just extra work! Thanks John!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude..... the brick is awesome and hard to find in newer homes. Its a matter of opinion, but its one of my favorite things about this house :)

    ReplyDelete