Saturday, July 13, 2013

CABINETS!

Kraft Maid warehouse, Warren, Ohio.

Of course, the ones I thought were perfect, were sold to someone that got in 5 min before us.  It's a lottery system the way you get in, we were fortunate to be in the first group of 150 people that got let in.  And, actually, there was somewhat of a bidding war!  Another couple who was here two weeks ago, offered that lady $1,400 extra to buy that set from them. So, that means that couple there 5 min before us made $1,400! 

But, we found another set!  This one will be enough cabinets for sure.  It is 32 cabinets... And I am contemplating painting them!  I've been wanting white cabinets all along, they are the simple style I'm looking for.

32 cabinets for $6,000    Includes:  self-closing doors and drawers, corner lazy Susan, silverware tray drawers (some that are stacked too), and three half hexagonal cabinets for the island!

Some photos of our morning...

2 comments:

  1. Did you get the light brown ones??? I like them better!! DONT PAINT THEM!!! That's just my opinion though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smash - we are going to install them the way they are... and then see how that looks. My problem is the brown goes with 'natural' or stone colors - more like craftsman style... and I'm trying to go retro 30's in this house - subway tile, hexagonal white tile - stuff that closely resembles what they had back in this era.... :/ BUT painting them is going to be A BITCH if we do - so that may change my mind :)

    ReplyDelete