Tuesday, July 2, 2013

THE HOUSE!!

We did it!  

Bought a fixer upper.

Foreclosure.  1930's - very oddly shaped home but very unique.  Has sadly been neglected but we will be working diligently to restore it!  We have already been stripping paint from the woodwork - I can confidently say that ALL the trim in the house was at one time:
  • pastel pink (current)
  • pastel blue
  • pastel yellow
And there is a LOT of trim in this house!  I think we can already fill one garbage bag with paint scrapings.  We started using paint stripper... 4 man hours later and 1/2 gallon of paint stripper, we only have the baseboards of the dining room stripped.

So, we are now using a heat gun with a putty knife.  HELLO super high electricity bill  (we are currently paying for two electric bills, to add to that!)

At any rate - I need to post pictures for a myriad of reasons! (I won't lie, I'm hoping this will spark the interest of some of you... ah-hem, Uncle Pat!!!)   I hope you all enjoy reading this blog.  I am looking forward to sharing it with you :)




Picture of the front


Closer up view...


The back

The kicthen after one night of demo.  Sadly, I didn't get a shot before we really started!

Another view of the kitchen (18x19)

The living room (25x17)


The monster... AKA the basement.  Electrical Beast. (or, nightmare)
Dad - this ones for you!  Hoarders owned the home before us... the bank cleared everything out of the home except this!!!  I tried to save it... it was too wet!!



The BLACK basement full bathroom
The fully black tiled shower in the basement!!



The entryway.  The half stripped woodwork that someone else did :)
The master bedroom.  YES, those are closets.  The one on the left is a walk-in and part of it is cedar lined!!!
The master bath.  That half circle back there is a make-up nook!
I do have some more to share... but running out of time!  Its taken me way TOO long to just get this blog up and running... 

We are ordering another dumpster for this wknd.  Filled up a 20 yarder already :)

Will hopefully share some updated photos this weekend!  Thanks for reading!

1 comment: